Read these apology quotes if you need to apologize to anyone in your life.
Giving an apology is not always easy. Sometimes we mess up so badly that do not have the right words to say I am sorry.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Remember when you hurt someone, you owe them an apology. And when you apologize it is wise to let me make the decision on how your relationship will go on moving forward.
Even when it was unintentional, sometimes we hurt people to the core. They may choose to, or not forgive us, they could also choose to keep their distance.
When we hurt people and apologize it can still be impossible for things to go back the way they used to. And in such cases, you just have to find a way to let go of that go and move on with your life.
I have prepared a list of quotes that you can use to apologize to the people you care about. However, what they choose to do after you apologize is entirely up to them.
- “I am sorry my decisions do not meet with your approval, but nevertheless, they are mine, and the consequences are also mine.”_Rachel Caine.
Best Apology Quotes
2. “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.”_Benjamin Franklin
3. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at the time you beg forgiveness.”_ Toba Beta
4. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit the same mistake again they just apologized for.”_Amit Kalantri
5. “An apology is the superglue of life. It can repair just about anything.”_Lynn Johnston
6. “You can always say sorry, But the real apology is when you hear the sadness in their voice and see the look in their eyes. And you realize that they have hurt themselves just as much.” Kid Cudi
Popular Apology Quotes
7. “A stiff apology is a second insult… The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.”_Gilbert K. Chesterton
8. “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.”_Margaret Lee Runbeck
9. “Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. Do you know what does? Action.”_Stella Young
10. “More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made.”_Greg LeMond
11. “Even now, we make no apologies for the choice we made. The sacrifices we made were selfless. The options we offered were patriotic while the paths we chose were well thought out.”_Ibrahim Babangida
I am Sorry Quotes
12. “I’m not perfect, I make mistakes, I hurt people. But when I say sorry, I mean it.”_Unknown
13. “How do I say the words, ‘I’m sorry when I know that words are not enough? And how can I ask you to forgive me when I know I can’t forgive myself?”_Unknown
14. “I have hurt your feelings. I am now suffering from the things I made. I felt I lose the ultimate blessings in life because I have hurt you the most. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”_Unknown
15. “When you forgive, you free your soul. But when you say I’m sorry, you free two souls.”_Donald L. Hicks
16. “I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for the irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.” _Tiger Woods
Funny Apology Quotes
17. “Oh I’m sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of your sentence?”_Unknown
18. ” I would have apologized in an email, but I think you would rather have something you can spit on, tear up, and set on fire.”_Unknown
19. “I am sorry I didn’t recognize whatever dramatic crisis you are imagining today.”_Unknown
20. “Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I’ve said.”_Unknown
21. “If you think my first apology was insincere, wait until you hear my second one.”_ Unknown
Apology Quotes For Her
22. “I’ve hurt the person who’s been the epitome of my happiness. If she forgives me this time, I promise to be her comfort and happiness at any cost.”_Unknown
23. “You are the person I love and appreciate more than anyone else in the whole universe. The thought of making you feel bad drives me crazy, and I want to apologize for hurting your feelings, baby. What I did was wrong. Please don’t be mad.”_Unknown
24. “Every moment that you’re angry with me is a moment I find unbearable. I’m here to beg you to put an end to our fight. I’m ready to raise the white flag and say I’m sorry. I want to go back to loving you the way you deserve.”_Unknown
25. “I thought our relationship was immune to all of life’s diseases until a virus called lies made it sick. I am going to use a regular doze of medication which includes apologies, hugs, and kisses to make it feel better. I am sorry.”_Unknown
26. “Without you I feel lonely, I never want to lose you in my life. I am sorry and I’ll work hard on changing my behavior.”_Unknown
27. “You’re the strongest woman I’ve ever known. Your ability to set boundaries and stand up for yourself helped me to realize that I was wrong. I took a moment to reflect on myself, and I fully admit that what I did was not okay. I hope you can forgive me.” _Unknown
Apology Quotes For Him
28. “This is a message, not from the phone but from the heart of your girlfriend. Here she wanna say “I’m so much sorry, my sweet boyfriend!” Please pardon her.”_Unknown
29. “Honey, I know I hurt you and nothing can be said or done to change that. I can’t even forgive myself so how could you? If you are ready to talk, I will be there to listen and willing to work on myself.”_Unknown
30. “I was never one to get involved with people. Yet, you have shown me all the good things I was missing all these years for not doing so. Yet, I have managed to harm the one thing that makes me truly happy. I am terribly sorry, I love you.”_Wishes Quotes.
31. “Ever since we started dating you have done everything I asked you to. As one last favor, please forgive me so that I can start doing everything that you want me to. I am sorry.” Unknown
32. “Don’t leave me baby, don’t let our love end just like that. I’m sorry for treating you the way I did. Forgive me please.”_ Unknown
I am Sorry Quotes For Family Members
33. “To my sweet parents who have always wanted nothing but the best for me. I offer you my very sincere apology. I am sorry for letting you down.”_ Unknown
34. “I am sorry if you don’t like my honesty but to be fair, I don’t like your lies. “Unknown
35. “In some families ‘please‘ is described as the magic word. In our house however, it was ‘sorry‘.” Margaret Laurence
36. “Play fair, don’t hit people, say you are sorry when you hurt somebody.”_ Robert Fulghum
37. “An apology does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. It just means you value your relationship more than your ego. “Unknown
True Apology Quotes
38. “Refusing to apologize is not a sign of strength but a sign of narcissism. ‘I am sorry if…’is not an apology, its an expression of doubt that you did anything wrong.”_ Adam Grant
39. “a sincere apology should always mean something. Doesn’t mean trust will snap right back. However its a start for some healing.”_ Unknown
40. “An apology is a lovely perfume, it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.” Margaret Lee Runbeck
41. “sorry means nothing, the real apology comes when you look in their eyes and see they hurt themselves just as much.” Unknown
42. “A sincere apology comes in three parts. I am sorry, I was my fault and What can I do to make it right.”_ Unknown
More Apology quotes
43. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” Robert Brault
44. “Somewhere out there there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.”_ Unknown
45. “Humans! don’t get tired of their apologies and often forgive for they will always want to try ‘one more last time.”_ Bbira Johnson
46. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit same mistake again they just apologized for.” Amit Kalantri
47. “It was never my intention to cause you pain. Whether you feel strongly or very little, that does not excuse thoughtless behavior.” Jacquelyn Frank