Enjoy reading these letting go quotes.
Letting go is one of the most difficult things you will ever have to do, but it will be worth it. It is easy to hold on to an emotion, relationship, business, or situation as long as it gives us just a little bit of comfort. Now, we do not want a little comfort, right? We want it all.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Letting go gets harder when you have failed at many things. You begin to question yourself wondering if you are a quitter. And you do not want to be labeled one.
You know what? People never realize the amount of strength it takes to let go of something you thought would be for you for the rest of your life. Letting go can be as stressful as holding on. Sometimes letting go is a win for you.
I am not saying you quit the moment things get rough. However, I am saying quit the moment you realize that situation will not make sense 3 or 5 years from now.
So, here are Letting go quotes that will help you move on. It will be difficult (this I promise) but it will be definitely worth it.
True Quotes About Letting Go
“If you can’t do anything about it then let it go. Do not be a prisoner of things you cannot change.”_Tony Gaskins
2. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”_C.S Lane
3. “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.”_ Amit Ray
4. “The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”_Steve Maraboli
5. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.”_ C. JoyBell C.
6. “I don’t know why we all hang on to something we know we are better off letting go of. It is like we are scared to lose what we don’t really have. Some of us say we would rather have something than absolutely nothing. But the truth is to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all.”_Meredith Grey
7. “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye.”_ Beyonce Knowles
8. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.”_Alyson Noel
9. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway._Steve Maraboli
10. “Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go.”_Unknown
Best Letting Go Quotes
11. “I am not a quitter but sometimes the game ain’t worth playing anymore.”_2Pac
12. ” Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity, and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose upsides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.”_Tony Schwartz.
13. “There is something beautiful about the way to save yourself. The way you collect all of your pieces to use as a stepping stone to greater things. I’ve watched you burn bridges and I have seen you build mountains and castles and brand new versions of yours time and time again. I think you are really brave.”_Stephanie Bennett-Henry
14. “This is a growing season. Of change, turning, shedding, letting things fall away and fall apart, and come undone and be uncovered. And then a space of surrender, and being, just being. And the reflections here are temporary so take them in and honor them, be honest with them and own them. But then forgive them and do not stay in them. Let it all go. Let yourself bloom.”_Butterfly rising
15. “She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, fear her when she looks at the fire and smiles.”_E-Corona
16. “So how many signs do you need to confirm what you already know.”_Unknown
17.”Don’t hang onto anything too tightly – all things must change and you have to allow room for them to grow and blossom.”_Rachael Bermingham
18. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”_Walt Disney
19. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?”_Leo Buscaglia
20. “Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits.”_Sarah Ban Breathnach
Sad Letting go Quotes
21. “The only reason you won’t let go of what is making you sad is that it was the only thing that made you happy.”_Unknown
22. “I feel like I am waiting for something that isn’t going to happen.”_Unknown
23. “Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you’ll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you’ll hold on really hard and realize there is no choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quiet room.”_Cheryl Strayed
24. “I’m no love expert but I’m pretty sure the dude making you cry every day isn’t your soulmate.”_Unknown
25. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.”_Nicole Sobon
26. “Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be.”_Unknown
27. “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what’s hurting your heart and soul.”_Brigette Nicole
28. “Let it go, let it bleed, let it heal, and let it go.”_Unknown
29. “When it hurts to move on, just remember the pain you felt hanging on.”_Unknown
30. “I’m letting go. You let go a long time ago and I realized that it is time for you to do the same.”_Unknown
Letting Go of Romantic Relationships Quotes
31. “You cannot change a relationship by putting more effort into it. If the other person’s heart isn’t there, then it is not there. Because you cannot make them love you by loving them harder. And you cannot save a relationship if the other person is not willing to save it first.”_R.M Drake
32. ” If I ever decide to give up on you, understand how much that took out of me. I’m the type to give endless chances, always have your back even when you’re wrong, and truly accept you for who you are. When the rest of the world doesn’t want you, I will. So if I decide to give up on you, understand it took everything I had left inside of me to leave you alone. Because if I love you and care for you, there isn’t anything on the planet I won’t do for you.”_Unknown
33. “The saddest part was realizing we could have made it work. If you were truly in love with me, you would have fought for me. But you didn’t, and that just means I loved you more than you loved me”_Unknown
34. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.”_Shannon L. Alder
35. “If you’re blocked, it doesn’t mean I’m petty, childish or you won. It means I prioritize peace. I drew the conclusion that your presence is toxic to my environment. So I no longer permit your access to my space. I don’t want to see your name, read your words and I do not care what you are doing.”_Unknown
36. “Never cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it. Even if you have been in the wrong relationship for years, staying on won’t collect that. You may not know for sure what will happen if you leave or where you will go after here, but you already know what will happen when you stay.”_Benjamin Zulu
37. “Detaching with love means letting someone be who they are while protecting yourself from their consequences.”_Unknown
38. “I respect your choice, even if it breaks my heart. I will never run after you or beg you to do something you do not want to. Because that is how much I love you. To choose your happiness over mine. I will not be selfish with you. Forced love is not true love.”_Unknown
39. “When a woman leaves for herself, she ain’t coming back.”_Unknown
40. “You found somebody to help you get over me and I got over you by finding myself. We are not the same.”_Unknown
41. “sometimes doing the right thing will break your fucking heart.”_R.M Drake.
42. “Just because I let you go, doesn’t mean I wanted to.”_Unknown
43. “I hate the feeling when you have to say goodbye to someone you want to spend every minute with.”_Unknown
44. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”_Steve Maraboli
45. “I thought I was getting better, I honestly did. But sometimes I just lay in bed at 3 am, trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with me and why I’m never enough.”_Unknown
46. “The toughest part of letting go is realizing the other person already did.”_Unknown
47. “If you spend your entire life with the mentality of my trauma fucked me up and that is why I am the way I am, instead of learning how to heal and grow from your trauma, you are your own problem.”_Unknown.
48. “Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you.”_Shannon L. Alder
49. “It hurts to let go but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.”_Unknown
50. “There is nothing else for you left in that space, so let go and move on.”_Unknown
Letting Go of Toxic Friendships Quotes
51. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.”_TurcoisOminek
52. “Sometimes, we have to fight for what we love and care about. Other times, we have to find the strength to let go of the things we love most”._Unknown
53. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.”_Mandy Hale
54. The greatest win is walking away and choosing not to engage in drama and toxic energy at all.”_Lalah Delia
55. “Lose as many people as you need to in order to not lose yourself. No one worth keeping in your life is worth you losing yourself.”_Unknown
56. “Don’t allow someone to come back into life because you have a history together. If your friendship went from something beautiful to chaos, let those memories go. Accept the past will never be the future. Stop going back to what you are trying to heal from.”_Unknown
57. “This really just made me cry. When God shows you it is time to let someone go and you refuse to, he will allow the person to hurt you to the point you have no choice but to let go.”_Unknown
58. “Such a disappointment when you defend someone for so long thinking they are different and they turn out to be just like what everyone said.”_Unknown
59. “There comes a time to stop trying to make things right with people who won’t own their part in what went wrong.”_Unknown
60. “Toxic people project their own character defects onto their victims. They do this by accusing the victim of the exact actions they themselves do but deny.”_Shanon Thomas.
Happy Quotes For Letting Go
61. “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.”_C. JoyBell C.
62. “You don’t learn how strong you are until you are pushed beyond what you thought you could handle and you emerge on the other side with more bravery, and grace, and determination than you realized you even had.”_Rachel Marie Martin
63. “I don’t remember letting go. One day I just realized I wasn’t holding on anymore.”_unknown
64. “I’m moving on. Not only from people who have done me wrong but also from my own doubts, my own fears, my own heaviness. I’m learning how to appreciate my flaws. And I’m willing to let things go in order to grow.”_R.M Drake
65. “Sorry, I’m not Adele. I don’t wish the best for you nor do I want to find someone like you. I do, however, want to set all your stuff on fire.”_Unknown
66. “If you’re looking for a happy ending and can’t seem to find one, maybe it’s time you start looking for a new beginning instead.”_Unknown
67. “She looked at her old life one more time, took a deep breath and whispered ‘I will never see you again'”._Unknown
68.”One of the simplest ways to be happy is to let go of the things that make you sad.”_Unknown
69. “There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.”_Unknown
70. “I welcomed who I was and left behind who I was not.”_David Elliott